More and more people are turning to, or perhaps more correctly turning back to herbal remedies and medication to maintain the health of their body and heal minor ailments. Many of the remedies that they are using have actually been passed down from generation to generation.
Whilst some of the ancient remedies that are passed down are no more than old wives tales, some of them do work to a larger or greater extent. Our generation has started looking at these herbal remedies and with the aid of science, we are testing whether they work, how they work and how else can we apply these herbs for the benefit of our health.
There are a number of medicinal herbs, it is important to state that just like any medicine, it is important before taking them to consult with a professional. They can have side effects, affect other medications you are taking, or even be harmful if taken incorrectly or long-term. Here are just a few and their uses:
- Chamomile – This is a great herb to aid relaxation. It can also be used as an anti-inflammatory.
- Echinacea – Many people take this to prevent the onset of a cold or the flu.
- Feverfew – This is traditionally used to lower fevers but more recently it has also been found beneficial in the treatment of migraines and arthritis.
- Garlic – This is great for cooking with but also has antimicrobial, cardioprotective, anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginseng – This is used as a cure-all and is also considered an aphrodisiac!
There are of course, many, many more with many different benefits. There are also a great many practitioners dispensing these medications in different forms as well as companies producing them for purchase over the counter.
When buying these products it is paramount that they are bought from a reliable source. Some manufacturing processes may actually reduce the effectiveness of the active herbs, so what you are buying will not have the effect you are hoping for. Companies such as Bara Herbs Ltd. have a real passion for manufacturing herbal medication and supplements based on years of experience as herbal medicine practitioners and scientific testing in their own laboratories.
These companies make sure that what they are selling you are not just remedies that have been passed on from generation to generation but are now being scientifically investigated and their qualities proven. Traditional remedies are being transformed into scientifically proven remedies.